Gareda is looking for a caring, quick thinking and self-starting individual to fill our Floater role. The Floater position requires daily local travel and requires the person in the role be flexible as no two days will be the same.
Duties: Floaters will be responsible for servicing varying clients within the Gareda contract areas. (Cook and Will Counties)
Floaters will work under the supervision of staffing supervisors to receive their assignments and will service clients to open new cases and/or fill in for call offs or vacation requests.
- Floaters must be able to service all clients within the assigned geographic area.
- Floaters will be required to perform all functions associated with clients Plan of Care.
- Floaters will be responsible for maintaining a consistent communication with the Staffing Supervisors, the After Hours Coordinator, the Associate Director of Home Care.
- Floaters are responsible for maintaining a written schedule of the clients they serve.
- Floaters are responsible for reporting anything unusual about the client or the client’s home to a staffing supervisor, field supervisor, and the Associate Director.
- Floaters may be required to report to and assist in the nearest available Gareda office if a client is not available for service.
- Floaters who are assigned to go to a Gareda office will be responsible for miscellaneous clerical duties such as sorting, filing and answering phones.
- All floaters are required to complete quarterly case conferences and in-service requirements
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
Click here to apply
- High school/General Education Diploma with two (2) years Nursing, CNA or home care experience.
- Access to reliable transportation for field travel (Proof of a valid driver's license and insurance are required) This position requires the use of your own vehicle.
- Floaters must have the availability to work a minimum of 35 hours per week (possibly weekends).
- Floaters must have excellent attendance history and be punctual in servicing clients.
- Floaters must be flexible and willing to work within a frequently changing environment.
- Floaters must have excellent verbal communication skills and be prepared to work with multiple clients.